Friends of Amida-shu

The Friends of Amida-shu network is sponsored by Amida Trust.

Is that not worth exploring (making time for what you love)

From Zen Pencils.

This comic strip made me cry today.

Perhaps it keys into something that's whispering through my unconscious the past could of days and leaving me feeling vulnerable: that old question of have I done enough, or am I making the most of the cards I have been dealt?

Perhaps it's because when Padma came to visit a week ago, and played some Philip Glass beautifully, on our slightly out of tune upright piano in the dinning room, he told me I should plug in my electric piano (rather than having it leant in the corner of my office, where it's been since we moved) and start playing it, or perhaps it's because I know there are still some days when I spend too much time on my so called smart phone, scrolling through inconsequential websites.

I have to admit I've been less consumed  than usual by social media, and my favourite new websites  this week, and have managed to get in the garden instead, and trim a could of hedges, and make a tiny pond, and put the blueberry plants in their proper place. Perhaps that's my piano playing for now.

With all the stories of people I have listened to, and what I know about human nature, reading this comic also leaves me feeling tender towards the people who have good intentions but don't make it to the computer keyboard to write their novel, or piano keyboard to play their sonata.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This chimes with an Anne Lamott quotation that popped up on Facebook today:

"Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you're 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn't go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It's going to break your heart. Don't let this happen."

This impacted on me, too - after all, I'm 69. It's set me considering. What else do I want to do with my one wild and precious life?

RSS

Events

Click here for up-to-date event details, retreats, workshops and courses:

Study Buddhist Psychology by distance learning

Registration for 2016 has opened for more information contact

Jnañamati

Photos

• Add Photos

Seach for members in your area

Use the advanced member search to find Friends of Amida members in your area: Advanced search

Badge

Loading…

Amida Trust

Make a donation to support the work of the Amida Trust:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Kaspalita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service